1.9.2 is now out as a new experimental release. This version mainly solidifies the changes to the filter system made in 1.9.1, with reworked allocators to further reduce memory usage and caching improvements for better performance.
Several users have asked me why the "run as job" option was moved from the save dialogs to submenu options in 1.9.x. The reason why I removed it is that I was getting a lot of reports of people unable to write any files with VirtualDub, which turned out to be due to unintentionally leaving that flag on. Unfortunately, this made those batch commands a bit more annoying to get to. 1.9.1 added a keyboard shortcut for batching "save as AVI" as a stopgap. 1.9.2 now allows reconfiguration of all keyboard shortcuts for commands on the menu, which allows all of the remaining batch commands to be accessed quickly. This turned out to be easier to implement than I had expected, with the exceptions being that (a) storing the shortcuts in both a forward and backward compatible way was tricky, and (b) I had to write my own hot key control as the Win32 one has some silly hardcoded restrictions on what keys can be accepted.
Changelist after the jump.
Build 31953 (1.9.2, experimental): [May 7, 2009]
* UI: Added support for configuring keyboard shortcuts in edit mode.
* UI: Added Always on Top to window menu.
* Filters: Filter cropping dialog is now resizable.
* Filters: Added align-to-2 option in resize filter.
* Filters: ELA and Yadif modes of deinterlace filter are now optimized for
CPUs that have MMX but lack SSE2.
* Filters: The filter preview window now has the same context menu size and
filter options as the main panes.
* Filters: Frame conversions at the start of a video filter are now cached.
* Filters: Fixed rare crash when downsizing 8-bit YCbCr images with resize
* Filters: Improved frame allocator assignment for lower memory usage.
* Filters: Added field delay filter.
* Render: Added an option to warn if no audio is written on a save operation.
* Render: Fixed several blitter bugs, particularly those involving 4:1:1
* Preferences: Audio buffers value was set incorrectly exiting the dialog.
The value show when the dialog appears was correct.
* Filters: Fixed positioning issues in the filter cropping dialog for small
* Filters: Filters now receive finite mFrameCount values in render mode
instead of unspecified (-1).
* Filters: Yadif mode of deinterlace filter was not caching internal frames
* Filters: Fixed crash in certain paths when a filter frame request fails.
* Filters: Fixed occasional crashes with aligned scanline requests,
particularly with cropping.
* Filters: Fixed artifacts in resize filter on right border with certain
filter+ratio combos, pre-SSE4.1 CPUs, and YCbCr formats.
* Capture: Custom video format had HDYC listed twice instead of HDYC and
* Images: Fixed hang in PNG encoder.
* Render: Added workaround for random hang when aborting render while using
XviD with threaded compression enabled.
* AMD64: Fixed crash in resampler with certain filter/ratio combinations.[regressions fixed]
* UI: Timeline scrubbing is more responsive again when dealing with files
that have long delta frame runs (since 1.9.1).
* Render: Fixed hang if there is a string of duplicate frames longer than
the video pipeline (since 1.9.1).
* Filters: Fixed some caching and frame numbering issues with filters that
have non-zero lag (since 1.9.1).