DocumentationThis is the beginning of what I hope to be a comprehensive on-line help area for VirtualDub. It's not meant to be a replacement for a manual -- that alone would take nearly as much time as coding the program -- but it should answer a lot of the more common questions I've previously had to field by email. Please spread the word if it's helpful; not only does it lessen my email load, but you get faster answers than waiting for me to answer!
If you copy material from here, I'd appreciate an attribution; I tend to type these things at obscene hours in the morning and it's nice for others to know who wrote it. There's some overlap with the FAQ, but I hope to eliminate the latter soon.
Suggestions are also very welcome. You know where to send them.
- Capturing video with VirtualDub (HTML)
- Processing video with VirtualDub (HTML)
- Getting the frameserver to work (HTML)
- How to compile VirtualDub (HTML)
- [Trying] to make VirtualDub go faster (HTML)
- Deciphered versions of several common VirtualDub errors (HTML)
- Help with codecs (HTML)
- Common crashes in VirtualDub (HTML)
- How to install the Microsoft WDM-to-VFW capture translation wrapper for Windows 2000 (HTML)
- A note on VirtualDub's optimizations (HTML)
- VirtualDub scripting language documentation (text) updated for 1.6.7
This isn't really part of the VirtualDub documentation, but I put it here for your amusement anyway: