¶VirtualDub 1.8.4 released
VirtualDub 1.8.4 is out -- it is a new stable release consisting of mostly bug fixes. Upgrading to 1.8.4 is recommended if you work with the distributed job list system, process DV type-1 videos, or use the capture system from the command line. There is also a fix for display issues if you use Direct3D display mode and work with videos that are larger than the screen resolution.
Changelist after the jump.
Build 29958 (1.8.4, stable): [August 9, 2008]
* Export > Raw Audio defaults to .mp3 extension when the audio track is in
MPEG layer III format.
* Capture: Optimized display code slightly when main window is minimized.[bugs fixed]
* Fixed another crash with uncompressed paletted video.
* Fixed several dialogs that had placeholder icons.
* "Open shared job list" dialog now shows the correct title.
* Fixed shared job list sync errors when using a job file originally saved
from non-shared mode.
* Image sequence export jobs didn't reload properly.
* Perspective filter no longer shows garbage preview frame before a frame is
* Capture: The "track active window client area" setting of the screencap
driver is now saved properly.
* Capture: Fixed crash when exiting Set Custom Format dialog with no width
or height selected.
* DV: Fixed noise when audio switches between 12-bit and 16-bit encoding.
* D3D: Fixed wrong-boxing of video when source frame is YCbCr and larger
than screen.[regressions fixed]
* Video > Select Range dialog now works again. It now sets the selection.