¶VirtualDub 1.8.6 released
VirtualDub 1.8.6 is out and is a stable release containing bug fixes for issues reported by users. Notable bug fixes include errors handling audio in NTSC DV type-1 files, several crashes, and a few glitches in batch mode (job control).
Those of you on the forums know that I've been pushing out experimental features as "1.8.X2" test releases. Chances are at this point that I will rename that to 1.9.0, because there is enough in it that I wouldn't want to pollute the 1.8.x branch in case there are enough fixes to warrant 1.8.7. After that I'm kind of screwed with respect to major version numbers, although I guess I'll deal with that when I get there.
Build 30009 (1.8.6, stable): [September 21, 2008]
* Wheel scrolling in the Set Text Information dialog closes the edit control.
* Save Segmented AVI now works with VBR audio.
* Animated GIF export now fails with an error if the current output format is
compressed or otherwise not supported.
* JobControl: Fixed crash when one machine attempts to run a job in
distributed mode right when another machine deletes it.
* JobControl: The filter crop mode saved in jobs was opposite from selected.
(This only affected YCbCr cropping.)
* Capture: Fixed crash when capture driver sends audio samples when
DirectShow graph is not running.
* D3D: Fixed sporadic crash on lost device.
* D3D: Fixed Direct3D errors when display debug information is enabled and a
video filter fails to initialize.
* Frameserver: Frame rate adjustments weren't always propagated correctly.[regressions fixed]
* Fixed crash when using fast/normal recompress mode without a video codec.
* Fixed divide by zero crash when loading video and a video filter in the
list is unable to initialize.
* Changing the "source rate adjustment" option no longer invalidates the
* Rendering would loop endlessly if an error occurred during video
compression and threaded compression was disabled.
* Disabling the "directly decode YCbCr formats" option works again.
* Filters: lMicrosecsPerFrame and lMicrosecsPerSrcFrame were reporting
milliseconds (broken since 1.8.0).
* JobControl: Fixed case where a non-distributed "load job list" command can
fail due to erroneously running distributed-mode code.
* JobControl: Fixed problem where dialog would suddenly close when editing
* Script: Fixed crash when removing video filter from filter chain.
* DV: Audio decoding works again with NTSC DV files (broken since 1.8.4).