¶VirtualDub 1.10.4 released
VirtualDub 1.10.4 is out. It has a number of bug fixes, some small additions to the external encoding and filter color support, and addresses a small compatibility issue with the Direct3D display path and Windows 8.1.
This version also finally replaces 1.9.11 as the stable version. Many regressions have been resolved due to the amount of time that the 1.10.x branch has had to cook, and I don't like the "eternal beta" model of development. I know my work on VirtualDub has been very slow, which I apologize for, but I'd like to thank everyone who tested the experimental and test releases and reported problems.
List of changes after the jump.
Build 35491 (1.10.4, stable): [October 27, 2013]
* ExtEnc: Added %(outputbasename) to insert output filename without
* ExtEnc: Editor UI now has a drop-down for tokens.
* Filters: Expanded color space support in resize filter.
* Preview: Return now also stops preview.
* AVI: Added Copy button to AVI file information dialog.
* AVI: Fixed bitsPerPixel value for NV12 output.
* Capture: Improved error handling in screen capture module.
* Capture: Fixed sporadic errors in DXGI 1.2 screen capture mode related to
tracking pointer shape changes.
* Capture: Spill drives can be adjusted on Windows XP.
* Display: Fixed regression in D3D effects display mode.
* ExtEnc: Fixed weird selection behavior when duplicating item.
* Filters: Fixed script operation for Convert Format filter for the new
* Filters: Fixed crash when attempting to crop video in a format that isn't
* Filters: Fixed cropping errors on alias format filter.
* Filters: Fixed issues with interpolate filter in nearest mode.
* GIF: Fixed shifted presentation timings when reading animated GIFs.
* Render: The processing priority setting now correctly adjusts the
priority of filter and compression worker threads too when multithreading
* TARGA: Fixed vertical inversion issues during read.
* UI: Add Windows 8.1 per-monitor DPI awareness support.